This is the post for January 5, 2015.
Readings for January 5
- Assignment for Project 3: Job Application Materials
- Proposal for Job Application Materials
- Project 3: Evaluation Section (what you propose for assessing your work)
- Additional resources for Project 3 (like info on LinkedIn)
- VT Career Planning Guide (skim the guide and use what applies to you)
- Information on résumés and cover letters and Chapter 10 of Markel
- Details on structuring proposals and Chapter 11 of Markel
Work for January 5
Begin work on Project 3 by reading the assignment and doing some research/thinking to decide what project makes the most sense for you and your career.
Write an informal proposal and submit it by 6 PM today.
Use the proposal instructions to know what information to include and how to submit your proposal.
Write this first and with some basic details so that I can approve it quickly for you. That will give you more time to work on your project.
The most important advice is to do something that (1) you need/want and (2) you will be able to use.
Complete the quizzes on Chapters 10 and 11 by 11:59 PM on Wednesday, January 6. I’m giving you an extra day since you need to work on the proposal today. The grace period on the quizzes ends 24 hours later, at 11:59 PM on January 7.
If you have any questions about the assignments, email me. I will be unavailable from 12:30 to 3:30 PM (dentist’s appointment, ugh). Going to the hospital in Roanoke to visit my mom after the dentist, but I should be able to check mail on the road. If there’s a delay in responding, don’t worry. I never let my delays hurt students.