The following websites (in no particular order) offer advice on writing short bio statements, like the writing you need to do for the Professional Biography Statements assignment:
- How to Write Short Company Newsletter Bios of Employees (eHow)
- Transform Staff Bios from Mundane to Magical in 6 Easy Steps (GettingAttention.org)
- “Meet the Team” Pages: Examples and Trends (Smashing Magazine)
- How to Write a Short Bio About Yourself (Chron)
- How to Write a Snappy, Tight Professional Bio (NBC Chicago)
- How to Write a Sample Self-Bio at a New Job (Global Post)
- Writing a Professional Biography (U of Rochester)
- Top Ten Tips for Writing a Professional Overview or Biography (Ezine @rticles)
- How To Write an "About Me" Page That Gets You Hired (99u)
- Samples of Professional Branding Statements (Dummies.com)
To get started on Project 1, complete the following tasks:
Read through several of the resources. Most of them are short, and you should be able to skim through them quickly. Pay attention to the advice you see them repeating and anything that catches your eye (whether it’s good or bad).
Go to the "Readings for Project 1" topic in Discussions in Canvas, and post your response to the articles. You have been arranged in discussion groups, so you will only see the replies written by your group members. There are some questions to help you get started. Post two replies to at least two other people in your group. For full credit, all total you will add at least three replies: (1) your own original thoughts, and then (2 & 3) responses to what two people in your group have said.