Read several of the biographies linked below. I gathered a range of biographies from different kinds of sites. Please be sure to read at least one formal company/academic bio and one informal bio.
- Corps of Cadets Staff Biographies
- Draper Aden Contact Us page
- Hokie Club Staff
- Federal Mogul Corporate Leadership
- American Veterinary Pathology Associates
- Rackspace Leadership
- AEP Leadership
Less formal bios
- Bike Barn Staff
- WSLS Team
- Campus Automotive Staff
- Faces of the Forest Service
- Special Olympics of Virginia Staff & Board of Directors (there aren’t bios, but mouse over the photos)
Go to Discussions in Canvas and choose the "Analyzing Example Bio Statements" discussion. Discuss what you can tell about audience and purpose for the bio statements based on the information they include and the tone of the biographies. There are some questions there to help you get started.
- Once you have posted about your readings, read through what others had to say, and reply to at least two of the ideas or questions that your classmates have posted.