Contributes 10 Points to Your Job Application Project Grade
- January 5: Informal Proposal due by 6 PM
- January 6: Grace period ends at 6 PM
|outline the activities that you want to complete for your job application materials project||set a specific schedule and list of deliverables||suggest evaluation criteria for your job application materials|
The Proposal Assignment
Write a short, informal proposal that tells me what you want to create for Project 3. Check out the Project 3 Examples for tips and some projects that will work. A rubric for the proposal will be provided in the next week.
LENGTH: Try to keep it to one to two pages. You could be a little longer if you have included a lot of charts, graphs, or other illustrations. Bottom line: include enough details for me to understand and approve your proposal, but do not add unnecessary filler.
FILE FORMAT: You can work in any word processor, as long as you can save your file as either a *.doc, a *.docx, or a *.pdf file.
STRUCTURE: Your proposal should include the following sections:
- introduction, which explains the findings of your research and your needs (Markel, p. 283)
- proposed tasks, that is what you propose to create for Project 3 (Markel, pp. 283–286)
- evaluation techniques (Markel, p. 289 and more info & examples), which outlines three levels of work for Project 3:
- Average Work ( a C project)
- Above-Average Work (a B project)
- Excellent Work (an A project)
SUBMISSION: Upload your file in the Assignment tool on Canvas, following these instructions:
- Go to Assignments in Canvas.
- Choose "Proposal for Job Application Materials."
- Click the big Submit Assignment button on the upper right. You’ll see this File Upload form:
- Click the Choose File button, and navigate to your proposal file. It must be a *.doc, *.docx, or *.pdf file.
- Skip the Comments… box (indicated by the orange arrow) for this activity, unless there is something special you need to tell me.
- Click the Submit Assignment button, and your proposal will be uploaded and turned in.
- If you need to make any changes to your plan, I will let you know in the comments on your proposal, so be sure to read the feedback that I send. I aim to have feedback to you within 24 to 36 hours.